Level 2 Award in Delivering Chair-Based Exercise for Frailer Older Adults
- Sheffield 9th Jun 18 - 17th Jun 18
The course covers safe and effective, group Chair Based exercise for frailer older adults.
Sheffield Hallam University (Sheffield)
09 Jun 2018, 10 Jun 2018, 17 Jun 2018
This qualification covers the skills, knowledge and competence required to plan and deliver group chair–based exercise sessions to frailer older adults.
There are no prerequisites for this course but if you do not already have a Level 2 Fitness Instructor qualification, please contact us as there will be some additional self study tasks to complete prior to attending the course.
The course runs over 3 days; most of our courses run at the weekend but we sometimes have dates available during the week. Course days run from 9.00-5.00PM and it is essential to attend all the days.
The assessment for this course involves a number of worksheets and a practical observation; there will be some additional work required away from the course in order to complete the worksheets and prepare for the practical assessment.
As a progression, students may also be interested in going on to complete other qualifications at level 2, for example Level 2 Fitness Instructor (Exercise to Music) and then onto other qualifications that cover special populations such as Ante and Post Natal Exercse or Exercise Referral.
- The values and principles of adult social care
- knowledge and understanding of chair-based exercise and its value with adults in care and community settings
- The impact of body systems changes associated with ageing and inactivity
- The structure and content of a chair-based exercise session
- How to plan, deliver and evaluate a chair based exercise session for older adults