Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing – Exercise & Physical Activity for Children (Module)
- Sheffield 21st Apr 18 - 22nd Apr 18
This qualification is aimed at instructors who want to deliver exercise and physical activity sessions for children.
Sheffield Hallam University (Sheffield)
21 Apr 2018, 22 Apr 2018
This qualification is aimed at instructors who want to deliver exercise and physical activity sessions for children. To be eligible for this course, students must already have a level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Exercise to Music or Gym Based Exercise). Students who do not already have a level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Exercise to Music or Gym Based Exercise) will need to complete the Level 2 Mandatory Units module; we have a self-study programme available for this, contact us for details.
This course runs over 2 days, usually at the weekend. Course days run from 9.00-5.00PM and it is essential to attend both days. The assessment for this course involves a written plan, a practical session and a written evaluation. Please note students MUST have access to a group of children and a suitable venue/equipment for the practical assessment. One of our assessor team will make an appointment to visit you at your venue in order to observe a suitable session for assessment.
If successful in all the assessment elements, students will be awarded a YMCA Awards Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Exercise & Physical Activity for Children). This qualification allows entry to the Register of exercise Professionals (REPs) at Level 2 & carries 20 REPs CPD points.
On completion of this course, students are eligible to progress onto more advanced or specialised courses at level 3, for example, the Certificate or Diploma in Personal Training or the Diploma in Exercise Referral. Alternatively, to gain a wider range of expertise, there are other courses available al level 2 which may be of interest. Some examples include Exercise to Music, Gym Based Exercise, Circuit Training, Group Indoor Cycling, Kettlebells & Suspended Movement Training.
- Anatomy and physiology for children
- The skills and knowledge required to plan and deliver structured health related exercise and physical activity for apparently healthy children in the 5-15 age range inclusive
- How to maintain health, safety and welfare in a variety of fitness environments, including safeguarding of children
- How to programme safe and effective exercise for a range of clients, the health benefits of physical activity and the importance of healthy eating