Level 3 Award in Adapting Exercise for Ante Natal and Post Natal Clients
- Sheffield 5th May 18 - 19th May 18
Enables fitness instructors and personal trainers to accommodate pregnant clients through pregnancy and the post natal period and run specific ante and post natal sessions.
Sheffield Hallam University (Sheffield)
05 May 2018, 19 May 2018
The aim of this qualification is to provide the skills, knowledge and competence required in order to work with ante and post natal clients. There will be focus on the considerations for safe and effective exercise and how to plan and adapt exercise for these particular clients. Pre requisite for this course is a level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing.
The course runs over 2 days. Most of our courses run at the weekend but we sometimes have dates available during the week. Course days run from 9.00-5.00PM and it is essential to attend both days. The assessment for this course involves a case study and a multiple choice theory paper. The theory assessment takes place on day 2 of the course and there will be some additional work required away from the course in order to complete the case study.
If successful in all the assessment elements, students will be awarded a YMCA Awards Level 3 Award in Adapting Exercise for Ante Natal and Post Natal Clients. This qualification allows entry to the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPS) at Level 3 & carries 20 REPS CPD points.
Students may also be interested in going on to complete other qualifications that cover special populations such as Exercise Referral or Chair Based exercise for Frail Elderly Clients as a progression.
- Physical changes which take place during the ante and post natal periods
- Benefits of exercise/physical activity for ante and post natal women
- Planning exercise programmes & supporting ante and post natal clients in exercise
- Screening and risk management for ante and post natal exercise sessions
- Contra-indications to exercise for ante and post natal clients
- Nutritional requirements for the ante and post natal period